No snapshot and no playback save

tiki

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a Hiseeu 10.1 LCD Combo for 8 cams and equipped with a 3TB HD. On the connected computer (Ethernet) under Windows 10 Pro I'm using the device under IE (no other app installed).
For a long time I could click on the snapshot icon and the pic was saved in the given picture DIR and I could save (when doing playback and download a file) any sequence on given record DIR. After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on using the same and identical settings I get now a "snapshot failed" or on trying to download a file to the given record DIR "Download file error". So it is not possible to copy (download) any sequence to my computer.
What is going wrong?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What is going wrong?
With apologies for the dumb question - is it definitely IE11 on Win10 that you are still using, and not the default 'Edge' browser, the launch icon for which looks similar?
And in IE11 settings, added the IP address of the NVR to 'Trusted sites'.

tiki

n3wb
Reaction score
Bingo, got it! You saved my life :) Thanks alot!

It was this one:
And in IE11 settings, added the IP address of the NVR to 'Trusted sites'.
Inserted the (local) IP-address in IE to the local intranet and restarted IE, voilà, all was running as it should run!

Pics are there where they should be and downloaded records are there, where they should be. Now I should search for another solution concerning records: Records are done in H264 and can be downloaded (via IE) to H264 or AVI. H264 has to be converted to AVI then. If I play both "formats" (AVI or the converted file from H264) there you see a picture squeezed in portrait format and not a movie in rectangle format. Are you having a solution for this problem too?
BTW: Pics (snapshots) are shown all the time in true rectangle format. Live-cams are shown in IE in true rectangle format.

And yes, I'm still using IE for watching my cams. Forget Edge! It's the worst browser ever and it will die soon. The new version under Chromiun is not out yet. And as I know well, the activeX-plugin for the cams is only supported under IE and does not runs under Chrome or Firefox. And no, I don't want to install additional software just for watching the cams.