I thought i was working before but now is not
Please help
Thanx,

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
I thought i was working before but now is not
If so, go to BI's built-in Help (the big "?"), "Clip Playback and the Viewer window" on page 85 , note the speaker icon in upper right; it should be green and volume slider pulled to the right to increase playback volume. Insure clip playback speed is X1, insure speaker is not muted in Windows and volume is up (lower right of Windows taskbar, even when BI is closed).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search and came up empty.

When I am in playback mode for one camera, I get the audio and everything is fine.

However, if I want to watch all the cameras in playback simultaneously, when I go to the "tile" playback - where I can see all my cameras during playback at once - I cannot find anywhere how to get sound. I would think you could select which camera you would like sound to playback when watching all the cameras at the same time - does that option not exist or am I completely missing it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR - I mean during playback when watching a past event. Sound during playback with just one camera on the screen and I get sound, but when I go to the tile view to see all the cameras I do not see a way to listen to sound watching a past event. If I select the image of the camera I want, then all the other camera images go black, but then when I select an area in between all the camera images to get all the screens back, then the sound disappears...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
However, if I want to watch all the cameras in playback simultaneously, when I go to the "tile" playback - where I can see all my cameras during playback at once -
This "tile" playback you speak of... this is not clear to me, obviously. And neither is "where I can see all my cameras during playback at once".
How about some screenshots?
One of this "tile" and more?

I want to help and am fairly familiar with BI after 6 years but I cannot picture your issue. :idk:

pjd1763

n3wb
Reaction score
Neglected to post screenshots of your configurations.
Find Attached snippets
What my 18 year old found out is that all 6 cams have sound during live play which she found by shutting sound off one cam at a time
All cams have sound during clip reviews(playback) except Cam 1 or Cul desac has no sound during clip review
So my original post was incorrect I only have issue with no sound on cam 1 when in clip review mode.
My audio is turned on both on laptop and also in BI

Attachments

pjd1763

n3wb
Reaction score
+1^^.

If so, go to BI's built-in Help (the big "?"), "Clip Playback and the Viewer window" on page 85 , note the speaker icon in upper right; it should be green and volume slider pulled to the right to increase playback volume. Insure clip playback speed is X1, insure speaker is not muted in Windows and volume is up (lower right of Windows taskbar, even when BI is closed).
Thanx tony it is volumed up and also I have found the issue is a little different than original post see additional response that I posted to other member today.
Thanx,

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Find Attached snippets
What my 18 year old found out is that all 6 cams have sound during live play which she found by shutting sound off one cam at a time
All cams have sound during clip reviews(playback) except Cam 1 or Cul desac has no sound during clip review
So my original post was incorrect I only have issue with no sound on cam 1 when in clip review mode.
My audio is turned on both on laptop and also in BI
It's a head-scratcher, alright.
I'd try deleting cam 1 then re-adding.

pjd1763

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a head-scratcher, alright.
I'd try deleting cam 1 then re-adding.
[/QUOTE
I thought that also just wanted to check Also may be that will fix my time challenge it appears that lap top clock is correct but camera clack did not change at day light savings spring forward
So now all my clip times are off by 1 hour
Should I start another post on that challenge.
Thanx,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This "tile" playback you speak of... this is not clear to me, obviously. And neither is "where I can see all my cameras during playback at once".
How about some screenshots?
One of this "tile" and more?

I want to help and am fairly familiar with BI after 6 years but I cannot picture your issue. :idk:
OK, so in playback mode (Or Viewer mode as I guess it is called), you see the camera with the white box around it - If I now hit the "play" button or arrow below, then I only see that camera during playback and I get sound from that camera. Ok that is fine.

But, If I want to see what else is happening on other cameras during playback of that clip, if I select any of the black areas between the cameras, then all cameras recording at that time show up and start playing, but then I do not have any sound. In my DVR, during playback of cameras, you can single click on a camera to get the sound from that camera while still showing and playing all the other camera clips. In BI, If I go from seeing all cameras that were recording at that time and then select one camera, I lose all the video then from the other videos...

I hope that makes it a little clearer?

1584982019404.png