No sound with playback Live view sound works

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
My dear fellow IP cam users.

I have a IPC-HDW2439TP-AS-LED-S2 IP camera.

Somehow i cannot get the sound working with the playback feature from the DMSS app.
The sound works with Live view i can hear everything, but when i want to play back no sound :(.

Yes i enabled the speaker icon.. getting a bit craz here.

Anybody who has the same problem? or know the solution?

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you watching the same stream live and recorded? If not make sure audio is enabled for both sub and main stream
Hi Jeep!, what do you mean by "are you watching the same stream live and recorded?" Like this? See attachment.
In DMSS app you have Liveview and Playback. When i choose playback i can watch the playback and the livestream simultaneously but the live view is a small windows next to the playback.
I can close the little live screen window in the playback section does not matter. No sound on recordered videos.

Audio is enabled for sub and mainstream.
Encode Mode: G.711A.
Frequency 8000
also disabled noise filter.

P.S. if i disable audio i don't hear anything in the LIVEVIEW. Pretty much sure audio is enabled. For main and substream.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm my app hasnt been updated in many months, so possible its the newest buggy update version (DON'T AUTO UPDATE ANYTHING PEOPLE, IT'S 2024!)

But my older version works fine...V1.99.621 Build date 2024/01.23

Reaction score
what do you mean by "are you watching the same stream live and recorded?" Like this?
Meaning are you watching main stream live, but sub stream recorded or vice versa. Not referring to the PIP (picture in picture) while viewing recorded video.

Audio is enabled for sub and mainstream.
To confirm, you're logging directly into the camera and your audio page looks like this?
Screenshot 2024-04-08 061736.png

Are you using a NVR? if so double check that audio is enabled there for both, sub and main

Screenshot 2024-04-08 063730.png

Hmmm my app hasnt been updated in many months, so possible its the newest buggy update version (DON'T AUTO UPDATE ANYTHING PEOPLE, IT'S 2024!)

But my older version works fine...V1.99.621 Build date 2024/01.23
It looks like they are using an Android so I have no idea what version they're on but since I decided to deleted DMSS and reinstall on the day they updated I'm stuck with 1.99.702 2024.04.02. Audio is working as normal though

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
Also i don't have a NVR. Recording goes to the SD card.

I noticed that also in the playback function (browser) i cannot hear any audio.

Reaction score
That just means you only have one sub stream available. Some cameras are capable of two or more sub streams. It looks like you have audio enabled for both sub and main stream so that should not be the issue.

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
That just means you only have one sub stream available. Some cameras are capable of two or more sub streams. It looks like you have audio enabled for both sub and main stream so that should not be the issue.
Thnx! like i said... strange issue going on here. Can't figure out. Also tried old version DMSS did not work.

Reaction score
What SD card are you using? Maybe try a different SD card. I’ve had good luck with Samsung PRO Endurance recording 24/7 for several years. Make sure they’re from a reputable supplier.
IMG_0705.jpeg

Factory default is always an option if you’re up for it, occasionally it can fix weird issues.

Is your firmware dated 2023-10-21? I don’t see anything about this problem in the release notes but it’s an option if you’re willing to take the risk
IMG_0706.jpeg

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
What SD card are you using? Maybe try a different SD card. I’ve had good luck with Samsung PRO Endurance recording 24/7 for several years. Make sure they’re from a reputable supplier.
View attachment 191805

Factory default is always an option if you’re up for it, occasionally it can fix weird issues.

Is your firmware dated 2023-10-21? I don’t see anything about this problem in the release notes but it’s an option if you’re willing to take the risk
View attachment 191806
I will first try another sd card. And then will check the firmware. Thnx alot! to be continued.

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope... I ordered a Pro Endurance Samsung 64 gb sd card but still no luck with the audio recording playback.

Next step factory reset. If that not works will try firmware upgrade..

ebuaisha

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 191805

View attachment 191806
Dear Jeep!

Its working after a factory reset! Men im happy now :) Thnx alot for the tips!