Noise in Nighttime Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP

old

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware 5.0.2 (build 130805.) Anyone have any suggestions? It's weird, it used to work fine, but I must have changed something, or maybe it happened when I re-aimed the camera to point further out, away from the house, and down, to capture more of the ground in front of it. Any help / advice is greatly appreciated.

camera 67 Config.pngCamera 67 Screen Shot of Video Feed.png
I used Network Camera Critic's settings from his blog, here: http://www.networkcameracritic.com/Hikvision/Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I display settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@old lower the wdr to less than 10

old

n3wb
Reaction score
@old lower the wdr to less than 10
I went back to day and set it to 5; I'll have to return sometime after it has a chance to record at night, and see how that new setting changes the night time image.

old

n3wb
Reaction score
Screen shot 2016-01-28 at 8.34.39 PM.png
you got a 'before' shot?
Ah, good question. Here's that before shot:

Okay; I'm getting loads of reflection off the house here, and the scene is underexposed to compensate for the bright, bright reflection off the siding.

old

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I got another image (below) with the WDR turned way down. It's still full of noise. Anyone have any ideas?
EDIT: I'm not sure why the Noise Reduction Level is now at 48 instead of 100. I didn't change that, and I swear I turned the WDL to 5, not zero, but here's a screenshot of the settings used when the video / screenshot was taken.
Screen shot 2016-01-28 at 3.51.02 PM.pngScreen shot 2016-01-28 at 8.24.41 PM.png

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pretty old firmware that you're using...Although I'm really not sure if the newer firmwares would have any improvement with noise reduction algorithms.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I believe there was slight bump in IQ in newer firmware (at least on my indoor 2432s I noticed improvement), but still it's not going to be enough to make this view better. Noisy 3MP sensor combined with small and weak IRs which actually degrade over time. Either get external IR or add more light.

Reactions: old

old

n3wb
Reaction score
That is the nature of these cameras, you need more lighting...
... Noisy 3MP sensor combined with small and weak IRs which actually degrade over time...
Argh, I should have done more research, and I would have found "klasipca's" Longse S500 / Hisilicon Hi3516A instead of buying these 3MP Hik Bullets! Oh well, next time. (Well, maybe it wouldn't work with my Synology box anyway. Or the ONVIF drivers wouldn't work well with it.)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Argh, I should have done more research, and I would have found "klasipca's" Longse S500 / Hisilicon Hi3516A instead of buying these 3MP Hik Bullets! Oh well, next time. (Well, maybe it wouldn't work with my Synology box anyway. Or the ONVIF drivers wouldn't work well with it.)
Yeah, I tried Longse with my QNAP box and I couldn't really get it to work, although I didn't try hard enough because I have Hikvision NVR that does the work.

Reactions: old