Noisy video

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One of my dome cameras (DS-2CD2132-I) shows rather noise images. Granted, it is rather dark but the area that is shown is only between 10ft - 50ft away (mostly a concrete driveway, the side of a car and a garage door). The image below shows the central 80% of the image. In this image there is actually a light on the right side that lightens up the front part of the driveway and behind there is a light from the neighbor. If those lights are out the image is even worse. Is there a way to improve it?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try turning the noise reduction up to 80-100 percent...disable wdr or set it less than 10..you may also want to lower the gain

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fenderman, this image has noise reduction set to 100%, wdr is disabled but the gain is set to 100%. I did try to lower the gain but then I just got a pretty dark image which gave me less information than the noisy image. Having said that, I have a DS-2CD3132-I (basically the same as the DS-2CD2132-I) and the light level for this camera is even less, yet the image quality is better. The only difference between the two "Image" settings is that the 2131 has the Noise Reduction level set to 100 while the 3132 has it set to 50, yet the noise on the 2131 is higher (despite the increased noise reduction level). Please note that in the attached image the grass in the back looks bad but that is due to the jpg compression. I actually can see this much better on my screen.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can't compare the two unless they are mounted in the same area.... I'm pretty sure that if you swap them the results will be identical...