Non movemement feature

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Saw the Opposite sense to detect non-movemement option under the trigger tab and tried it out. Did not find anything in the help file on how this operates. I have a couple cameras that point toward a light that is going wacky - it constantly dims up and down, all night long. So, I get LOTS of false triggers. Was hoping this new opposite sense would address this, but, it does not.

Instead the cameras basically went into continuous trigger mode and loaded my hd with a bunch of false positive images/videos.

Anybody got any clue what this "opposite sense" feature does and how to or when to use it?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
It's designed to be triggered when there is non-movement detected.

From the update changelog:
Instead of triggering a camera when there is motion, you may now trigger the camera when there is a LACK of motion. This is suitable for monitoring employees, customers, kids, or the elderly for example. This is enabled with a setting on the Trigger/Motion page. Set the "make time" higher to represent the time without motion before a trigger will occur.

Reaction score
I have setup this feature and it appears to be triggering correctly but there is no alert no matter what settings I try. The Border turns red when it detects no motion and clears when there is motion again but the only way I can get it to alert is by manually click on the Trigger Toggle at the top. This is a feature I have been requesting for a long time and I am thrilled to see it has been added. Please Help me get this to Alert when Triggered, Thanks...

Reaction score
Was kind of hoping this would be used to detect things "not moving" within the recording, thus avoiding sending alerts on them. I have a couple reolink cameras that pan around on their own. Currently I have the alerts dialed in pretty well, where cars that drive by still get tracked by the camera, but doesnt send me an alert until they are actually coming onto my driveway. One issue I do have however, is when the camera pans back to its "home" position, it will trigger alerts on cars already parked in my driveway. I guess since the camera is moving back to it's original position, it is counting this as motion, although the vehicle has been completely stationary. Any suggestions?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it the light or the cast shadows that are the problem? Various ways you could exclude the light including limiting the areas where motion is detected. In this regard, the camera may be more flexible than BI. I'd use trip wires in the camera instead of motion detection in BI and don't draw them over the light or shadow areas! Problem solved and nearly 100% reliable. Set BI to trigger on the ONIV signal. A majority on here use trips because of the reliability.

Personally I always run continuous recordingof the sub stream (decent quality) and triggered mainstream because you can't gurantee the mainstream will alwaysbe triggered anyway. If you have a lot of cameras that may become impracticable, but then I'd make sure at least my point was continuos with such other cameras as were a priority / I had room to accomodate footage from.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same here - Can't get it to send any alerts, mqtt for debugging. Set it to 3 seconds and low sensitivity also.
Can't see any triggers using the rectangles while watching but does not alert me for non-detection