Noob here, introduction...

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all of you experts.. My name is James. I have been lurking around trying to learn about home surveillance setups. Which of your forums would be best to ask questions about some specifics on LTS components? I think I already have my NVR picked out, but need some assistance on camera selections.
Thanks in advance.

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I have spent a good amount of time on their site. Spoke with them on the phone as well but since I am not an installer, they were reluctant to give me any real advice nor any pricing at all.
I think I want the LTN8716-P16 NVR. For the cameras I was thinking about a mini bullet, 4.1MP with 4mm lens for outdoors and 4.1MP 2.8mm lense domes for indoors. Does that sound about right?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I started out with bullets but they are bad about getting spider webs. I switched to turrets and like them much better. I have 4mp and they look great during the day, I had to add external IR before I was happy with them at night. If I had it to do over again I might get 2mp for better night vision. I have the 2.8mm 4mp mini dome on my porch and it works ok there. Since the mini dome doesn't have strong IR it isn't good for very far distances. You may have to have a few posts before you are able to send messages but when you are able you could send a private message to member @milkisbad, he works for LTS and can help you, great customer service.