Noob here. Needing help picking a camera

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NoobCamMan

n3wb
Reaction score
So the 5842 or the 5442? One is 8mp other is 4mp. I’d think the 5442 would have slightly better NV? But the 5842 would be clearer in day?

Last edited:

NoobCamMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered the 5442 off EmpireTech. Fingers crossed. I ordered the wall mount too. Anything else? I will run an Ethernet cord to it and I have power at it

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you consider the 4kX ? (5849t1) Better low light capability. Unsure as to the current focal lengths available:

NoobCamMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you consider the 4kX ? (5849t1) Better low light capability. Unsure as to the current focal lengths available:

No sure didn’t. The wife doesn’t want the color led one. She likes the IR. She says horses eyes are super sensitive to light at night. So IR worked better for us.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No sure didn’t. The wife doesn’t want the color led one. She likes the IR. She says horses eyes are super sensitive to light at night. So IR worked better for us.
You don't have to use the led's. The only requirement is you're going to need some ambient light so I don't know if the paddock is pitch black or whether you have lights on buildings nearby that cast some light at night. If pitch black, consider the 5442 plus an external ir light at the non glow wavelength (I forget which wavelength that is off the top but there are 2 and 1 emits a feint glow and the other has less range but is completely invisible to the eye).