Noob with big project and no idea!!

Reaction score
Hey guys

New to the forum thought I’d say hello, been doing a fair amount of reading on here for some time, I’ve a fairly large sized farm with multiple buildings and I’d like to deploy some cameras around it, digging up the yard to install cable runs isn’t an option as most of the yard is in concrete, wireless bridges seem to be the answer but can they handle the bandwidth of multiple cameras and what equipment is best going to suit the job.

As you can see from the picture the short 49m run from the House to the first red pin, that building will need 5 internal cameras monitoring 5 pens where the cows give birth, it is possible for me to dig Ethernet cable in from the house and run each camera back to the DVR

The second run which totals 250m goes from the green pin at the house to the two purple pins, I’ve line of sight from the green to purple and the purple to red, so I’m guessing I need 4 access points for each pin and a poe switch to link the two purple pins in that building, there will be 4 cameras at the furthest building and maybe another 4 on the building with the purple pins.

I’d like to keep the DVR in the house and access it from my iPhone on the move, I’m not totally against locating DVR’s in the other buildings and having them access the network. I’m about to upgrade the wireless in my home to TP link deco M5 to have mesh WiFi in the house, Id like to stick with the same brand to keep things neat and tidy but I keep hearing good things about ubiquiti stuff, unfortunately there website just confuses the hell out of me with all the options and not actually that much explanation.

Another thing in the future when funds allow is to maybe add more cameras in the other buildings at some point so maybe some future proofing wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Richard

C3635006-F945-4182-862C-8FCC650A633D.jpeg