Normal or a timeline issue?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

A few minutes ago I heard a noise outside.

I've gone to check the clip - current time 9.07 am, event @ 9.00am.

When I play back the alert or BVR recording, both stop at 9am (presumably the end of the current clip) and the clip returns to it's start point of 7am.

I cannot playback 9am on the timeline even though it's 9.07am. If I try the end of the clip is reached an playback reverts to 7am. I can view live without issue. There's no other BVR or alert clip in the clip display. Is there some limitation on viewing the current clip whilst it's recording eg has to be so many minutes in before you can start to view it?

Thanks in advance.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Edit: the clips appeared now. Seems to be the latter, the clip doesn't appear until around 10 minutes of recording. Anyione else noticed this and is this normal or a possible bug? Same on both cameras suggesting BI is the culprit.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you continuously recording or recording on motion? I continuously record, but still use alerts/motion to find activity on the timeline. I’ve noticed that I sometimes have to wait 30 seconds or so after an alert took place to view an alert clip. If I try to view it too soon, the wrong clip is played back. I’m guessing it still being written to the DB and that is the delay. It definitely doesn’t take 10 minutes though for my systems.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Same at times if I jump to review something immediately. Don’t think mine takes 10 minutes either. I suppose that could depend on some setting.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you continuously recording or recording on motion? I continuously record, but still use alerts/motion to find activity on the timeline. I’ve noticed that I sometimes have to wait 30 seconds or so after an alert took place to view an alert clip. If I try to view it too soon, the wrong clip is played back. I’m guessing it still being written to the DB and that is the delay. It definitely doesn’t take 10 minutes though for my systems.
I'm recording on trip wires so for BI external trigger plus BVR. Recordings are set to record 5 seconds before the event but I can't really see who this would affect the delay on the clip section.

It might be a bug in the latest version ....18. 10 minutes or so does seem an excessive amount of time to wait. We have a system at work (not BI) and I can go in instantly and play any part of a recording back right up to live. It seems here the recording is happening but there's a gap between live recordings and live. Live is ok, Last clip is ok. New clip has a considerable lag between it and live play.

There's nothing in my system that should make it slow to record - BI is on an SSD, the recordings and folders are on the WD purple HD. 16gb of memory + Intel i5 10400.

I'll report it over on the BI forums and seem what the developers have to say. Thanks.