Not another iOS versus Android Discussion

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The reason why I started this thread is to point out a couple of key issues I had using an Android device with Blue Iris and VPNs

On Android, Samsung specifically, I have been unable to achieve maximum throughout on any VPN (speeds do not exceed 512kbps up and down); also Blue Iris on Android is just Bad - seriously Bad (lags and the experience overall is just abysmal)

Whereas on iOS I have experienced Zero issues - I've been forced to stay within the Apple ecosystem for certain things whereas my Android device is turning into a paperweight.

What has your experience been like?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Can’t really comment as the last Android phone I had was the Galaxy S4 and since then Apple.

For me the app, bar a few temporary issues with specific releases of the app has always done what I need from it.

I hear people complain about the layout and that it looks ancient/old but all I need from it are the alerts and the ability to then play that alert clip which it currently does.

As I said there were a few releases where the app would do strange things like if you wanted to forward to the next it would just replay the current clip from the beginning but I’ve not seen this issue for quite a while now.