Not getting green lights "status"on port NVR(SOLVED)

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,
got a problem with my Dahua NVR. I just installed an extra cam in my network. This was an old cam i used.
I pulled a new CAT 5E cable and installed new RJ 45 plugs on it. i tested it with my network tools en every 8 wires ar connected.
So i finished the job and connect the plug to the NVR.
Only 2 camera's getting the green dots on "port" and the other 4 are red.
Any idea what the problem is?? already changed the plugs to different ports, no result.

I got the 4208 8P, with 8 POE channels.
Thanks for the help!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Couple of things

1- wait. It sometimes takes a while for the cams to synch with the NVR. Click the refresh button at bottom and give it 10-20 minutes

2 on a cam that was previously plugged into a diff NVR or switch, the NVR may not recognize the camera’s password. By default the NVR will try and use its own password. Use the Modify pencil icon button to edit the password to the one that is on the camera.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couple of things

1- wait. It sometimes takes a while for the cams to synch with the NVR. Click the refresh button at bottom and give it 10-20 minutes

2 on a cam that was previously plugged into a diff NVR or switch, the NVR may not recognize the camera’s password. By default the NVR will try and use its own password. Use the Modify pencil icon button to edit the password to the one that is on the camera.
Thanks!, did a lot of things, and also the things you described. Final thing, unplugged all the cams and then one by one plugged them in and that worked.