Not recording in 4K Resolution from 265+ Stream Hickvision

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Something else that might be worth trying is to delete the cam completely and let BI detect it again to see if that makes a difference?

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed that you have Camera Rotation set to 180 degrees. This should be set in the camera not in blue iris. This may be causing the record problems.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I rotated in the camera instead of BI it made no difference.

My other cameras have the same behavior (high-quality live stream but low-quality recordings) I don't think deleting and re-adding will make any difference.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It happens for each camera I have. I created a new camera, again the same problem. I also tried with H264 and it gave the same result. The live stream is high-quality 4K, recording not. I think I posted all my settings previously but here again as complete as possible.

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Your overlays should be done in the cam and not BI else BI has to reencode the stream in order do the overlay.

What about the Configure option on the cam, can you post that too?

Your iframe should be set to the same as your fps.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't set any video parameters (i.e. fps, i-frame, bit rate, codec, etc...) in BI. You need to set all of that in the camera itself. You should delete the camera and re-add it again in BI via the "Inspection" process.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't set any video parameters (i.e. fps, i-frame, bit rate, codec, etc...) in BI. You need to set all of that in the camera itself. You should delete the camera and re-add it again in BI via the "Inspection" process.
I did this and the quality still remains low.

No, in your 1st on the right is the Configure button.
The Configure button is this screen. I don't understand. Could you give me a screenshot? I press on configure but then I get to this screen I posted.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep in mind that there is no need to hide local IP addresses on your LAN. The only IP address that counts there is the address of your router. Without that, the rest are just meaningless numbers.

What we're talking about is in the Camera>Video>Configure screen.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I did this and the quality still remains low.

The Configure button is this screen. I don't understand. Could you give me a screenshot? I press on configure but then I get to this screen I posted.
On the pic where you’ve blurred out the ip address of the cam, to the right is the Configure button.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What have you tried so far? Have you disabled overlay in BI? In that last pic you posted I’d also try upping the buffer to 12, maybe even larger.

Again it will have to be trial and error to see if anyone change improves things, for the time being restrict your changes to just one cam and one at a time so that hopefully you can identify which change had the biggest impact.

I don’t have a hik cam so will have to wait for comment from someone else to see if that stream string is correct or maybe can be changed.

Also earlier you were asked to try h264, did you try that and were the results the same?

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
On the cam itself, is only the main stream enabled?

If it is then I’ve run out of ideas.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Raise the receive buffer to 12 or even 18 and see what happens. Is your system an Intel based system? Set hardware acceleration to none.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is a 16 core Threadripper CPU with 64GB Ram and a NVidia 980TI GPU.

When I set format to re-encode with XVID - MPEG4 instead of direct to disk the image is much smoother. Only then I get more compression artifacts even at 100%.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried different drivers for the 980Ti? I run a 970 with no problems on an older, I'd have to check the date, driver and only at 4MP.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Another thing worth trying is doing the rotation in the camera itself and not BI?

EDIT: Just realised this has been mentioned before :)

Last edited: