Not recording in 4K Resolution from 265+ Stream Hickvision

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Main realtime stream is crisp 4K image, but recorded videos are clearly a much lower resolution. The Camera is using 265+ Compression. I set BlueIris to use that stream directly and save it to disk without recompression. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am having issues with H.265+ on my Hik 2385. I disabled the Plus part and only running 265, that solved my issues.

Are you sure it's not recording the substream ?

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works fine in live view though, it just needs to record at the same resolution and quality. Videos look more blocky/pixelated, so I guess they are lower resolution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It works fine in live view though, it just needs to record at the same resolution and quality. Videos look more blocky/pixelated, so I guess they are lower resolution.
Once again 265+ is not supported. You will have issues with your recordings as you can see. Most importantly, you will miss active footage if you record on motion.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using H.265 now and still not the same quality as the stream (nothing changed). It remains clearly lower quality and more pixelated. Am I using the wrong settings?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Post your actual cam video settings.

And are you using the UI3 for BI? If so, that comes out of the box pretty crappy looking for those profiles.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using the desktop version of Blueiris. When you say Cam video settings you mean the firmware settings?. Those are at 4K with H.265 compression. Live stream looks good. That is why I don't understand why it just does not record the Livestream directly to disk with the same quality.

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you understand the replies that have been posted? As you keep replying with the same response.

Log on to the cam itself with a browser and check to see if you have H265+ enabled. If you have then try setting it to standard H265 and then check the recording, if that doesn’t work then try H264 to see if that helps.

Identifying and resolving problems needs some investigation and then some trial and error as everybody’s systems are different so what may work for you may not work for me.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The difference between the 1st pic and 2nd pic shows an anti-aliasing problem (jagged edges). This points to the compression and issues with the digital sampling. Beyond that, specific to CCTV settings, I can't tell you. However, as IAmaTeaf said, check you're set to h265 NOT h265+.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you understand the replies that have been posted? As you keep replying with the same response.

Log on to the cam itself with a browser and check to see if you have H265+ enabled. If you have then try setting it to standard H265 and then check the recording, if that doesn’t work then try H264 to see if that helps.

Identifying and resolving problems needs some investigation and then some trial and error as everybody’s systems are different so what may work for you may not work for me.
I clearly said I changed it H265 (non plus)!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@OccultMonk Try digitally zooming (mouse wheel) in a long way on something both in live video and in a recording and take screenshots to compare. If you get the same amount of detail from both, that will at least tell us it is only a playback problem and that the recordings are likely fine.

If the quality of the recording is actually lower, that means you are looking at a sub stream recording and you may need to right click the video player and unselect "Use sub stream if available" and/or check your configuration. The fact you have a camera group called "MainStreams" suggests you are doing something with sub streams, even though it is not clear what.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I zoom the image is even more pixelated, so it's clearly a lower resolution. But it's not the substream. Look at my settings it's recording the same mainstream as the live view. Video card is 980ti with fairly up to date drivers

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I zoom the image is even more pixelated, so it's clearly a lower resolution. But it's not the substream. Look at my settings it's recording the same mainstream as the live view. Video card is 980ti with fairly up to date drivers
It really sounds like a sub stream is being displayed/recorded. Can you look at the settings in the camera to see if there is a sub stream option enabled? A 2:2 or 4:4 decimation is very fast to do in silicon and would certainly explain that look.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think it is the substream, because that is a much lower resolution than this. I set Blueiris to record the mainstream (same as the live feed) directly without recompression. (Are my blueIris settings ok, I posted them above)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Post a screen shot of the camera video configuration in BI and the video configuration from the camera. Something weird is going on here without question.

Last edited: