Not reliably receiving emails for EVENTS with picture attachments

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm working out the kinks on my new NVR --early this evening I received a few alert emails some had attachments and some did not (same camera). I have the system configured to send email for event triggers and email to send attachments. But it's simply not 100%, more like 20% of the time and lately (last hour) not at all.

NVR -LTN8716-P16

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, the quality of the images is pretty terrible (way to change that?) also, some of the shots caught the approach but nothing more (is that the interval setting? currently set at 2sec. If I move that up does it take more pictures for longer?) Again, this is secondary as right now we are not even getting reliable sending of the images.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Short answer as we're remote this evening.

1. Triggers - motion, line crossing, etc definitely take some time to get dialed in. I use line crossing and motion. Motion has images included (these are low res - more as a preview or mark in time to see if you need to replay recording at full res because the snap shot shows something questionable, no way to change i am aware of to full res). Line crossings are email only no images for me/setup.

2. I have found 2 seconds works best - this is the space between the 3 images/moments in time, however I do experience what you have said where sometimes you get oddly staggered images, however every person or event has a different movement speed so I don't know that any interval is "great" for all cases and scenarios.

3. Have you configured your event triggers in the camera itself or the NVR? It took me around a week of working with the triggers, zones, lines, etc as well as all there sensitivity settings before everything really got dialed in. Best thing to do is set them at the NVR itself not via the web portal.

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, @zero-degrees -- Merry Christmas!

Short answer as we're remote this evening.

1. Triggers - motion, line crossing, etc definitely take some time to get dialed in. I use line crossing and motion. Motion has images included (these are low res - more as a preview or mark in time to see if you need to replay recording at full res because the snap shot shows something questionable, no way to change i am aware of to full res). Line crossings are email only no images for me/setup.
Cool, I'll keep working on it. Thanks for the clarification that only Motions send the images. That is making more sense but I am still not getting my motion alert images reliably. I'll keep playing with that.

2. I have found 2 seconds works best - this is the space between the 3 images/moments in time, however I do experience what you have said where sometimes you get oddly staggered images, however every person or event has a different movement speed so I don't know that any interval is "great" for all cases and scenarios.
Gotcha, I may just leave that be then.

3. Have you configured your event triggers in the camera itself or the NVR? It took me around a week of working with the triggers, zones, lines, etc as well as all there sensitivity settings before everything really got dialed in. Best thing to do is set them at the NVR itself not via the web portal.
Straight on the NVR -- I only logged into the cams to setup WDR and fine tune some of the exposure, BLC, and lighting settings.