Not sure where to post - IR illuminator

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I don't know where to post this. Since I have a dahau camera I thought I would post it here.
This post is mainly about IR illuminator.
I need a 940nm. Why, because it will be pointed at my neighbors yard and it will be about 20 ft away from their yard. I don't want their attention. But I want it bright and light up their whole yard. Any recommendation?

I have a dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. Can I turn of the IR and use the 940nm illuminators?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While 940nm wavelength IR illuminators are completely covert and invisible, please consider the following:
  • Not all cameras can "see" 940nm wavelength IR light.
  • Even if the camera is sensitive to the 940nm wavelength, it will have about 40-60% less range vs. 850nm which is the standard wavelength for IR illuminators.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While 940nm wavelength IR illuminators are completely covert and invisible, please consider the following:
  • Not all cameras can "see" 940nm wavelength IR light.
  • Even if the camera is sensitive to the 940nm wavelength, it will have about 40-60% less range vs. 850nm which is the standard wavelength for IR illuminators.
@TonyR thank for the respose. Yes, understood about 40-60 percent less range. This is why I am placing teh camera also about 20 ft from the area to be monitored.