Not the total video

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My two cameras show a car leaving but, not the person entering or leaving the car?
How can I solve the problem?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My two cameras show a car leaving but, not the person entering or leaving the car?
How can I solve the problem?
Your motion settings are set wrong...please post an image of your cameras motion tab..
Disable object detect reject...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a fair bit of work, but you can try making Blue Iris highlight motion and then you'll see what Blue Iris is and is not detecting as motion so you can further fine-tune the settings.

At the very least you could increase the BREAK time on that page. The break time is how long in seconds the recording will continue after it thinks the motion ended.

On the Record tab there is the pre-trigger frame buffer size, which controls how many frames will be recorded before the motion event. For this one you have to do a little math. If you want to see 10 seconds leading up to the motion event, you need to multiply 10 times the frame rate of the camera. So if your camera is streaming at 30 FPS you will need a pre-trigger frame buffer set to 300. To make things worse if you are using direct to disk then you need to add your i-frame interval onto that. So if the iframe interval is 90 then you'd end up with 390 pre-trigger frames. This is a high value; I've never personally tested it higher than about 100 frames.

Ideally though you will be able to improve the motion detection so you don't need the break time and pre-trigger frame buffer to be so large.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Follow bp2008's advice...was object detect reject selected before? that would explain the issue (it should not be used)...
Another explanation would be that the camera was not providing video at the beginning of the motion event..are your cameras properly wired and stable? what cameras.
If you are using multiple profiles make sure to adjust the motion detection settings all your profiles.