Not thrilled with new Hikvision Video intercom

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just had a Hikvision 2nd generation video intercom installed (DS-KD8003-IME1 door station plus DS-KH8520-WTE1 and DS-KH8350-WTE1 indoor stations) and I'm not happy with the night vision, as you might expect from the attached screen grab. I do have a weak downlighter just above the camera but switching it off didn't improve matters. Can I just turn the IR off if there is no other fix?

I'm not thrilled with the GUI either. When I bring up the main gate cam I often want to switch to a different camera to get a better/wider view of my visitor - but for reasons best known to Hikvision, I can't do that from the gate station live view. I have to reverse out to the home page and tap three more buttons to see the other camera. Surely there's a better way?

And why can I only keep the live view up for 60 seconds? Who thought it made sense to impose this restriction on a mains-powered device? If it's there to prevent burn-in, then let people take that risk if they want to.

And the one and only image config is brightness?? No settings for contrast, saturation, white balance, etc? That's just wrong - or have I missed them?

I expected more for quite a lot of bucks.

Attachments

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I just read that the image settings are only offered to Windows users of iVMS-4200. Mac users obviously don't need them