Noticed this on a job yesterday. Had to post it.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t see the problem everything is in approved conduit. The bend radius is correct along with the sweep. The LB access door is still accessible. Given its in a building there’s no need for it to be water tight.

The zip ties are black vs white so this affirms their UV rating.

Trust me I’ve seen worse . . .

At one site there was a take over and the team had to do a walk through. I looked up and saw a odd green matrix hash marks on what was supposed to be conduit. I didn’t put too much thought into it besides marking it on the building plans and a note to inspect.

A month later I get a call from another team member and he says: Teken, you know that note about that conduit?!?

I said yeah and?!?

Whelps it turns out it was a garden hose painted grey to look like water tight conduit!!!

I’m just not sure how it is so called professionals in a building would think that made sense???

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t see the problem everything is in approved conduit. The bend radius is correct along with the sweep. The LB access door is still accessible. Given its in a building there’s no need for it to be water tight.
You're just kiddin', right?
No support/clamp in sight for the sweep, the condulet door (which is not fully seated at the top) is the so-called "support".
No approved fitting/bushing to protect the wiring from the edge of the conduit where it's place loosely inside the condulet cover.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No support/clamp in sight for the sweep, the condulet door (which is not fully seated at the top) is the so-called "support".
No approved fitting/bushing to protect the wiring from the edge of the conduit where it's place loosely inside the condulet cover.
He HAS to be kidding, I was hired to repair all the electrical violations and install new main panels for for the new tenant. This was only 2 things I took pics off. If one of my guys did this type of work. They would no longer work for me. Totally un fucking acceptable

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I was hoping my use of the emoji would relay my sarcasm of that install - guess not!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought so....Ill be "on my toes" next time.
BTW, quite often 1 or more (and sometimes all) of your emojis in a post are broken, like below. :idk:

View attachment 109742
Yeah, it seems the forum supports some but not all of the ones on the iPhone. When I'm on a real computer I try to use the ones provided in the forum menu. But I'm not often near a real computer and just reply using Tapatalk. :thumb:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The most of the work in all likelihood would be the identifying, isolation and disconnecting / reconnection of the final circuits within the conduit. That would have to happen to allow the tee to be fitted properly and the pipework bent accordingly.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the correct approach here if you wanted to make that joint into a "T" with the least amount of work?
There are a couple but it all depends on how much room is available on that wall for routing pipe. Ideally the pipe coming out of the wall horizontally would go into the back of a large enclosure. Then you can have multiple conduits ran from it.

A "T" condulet could have been used but sticks out like a sore thumb.