number of recording files larger than expected

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have three cameras, Amcrest 721, wifi, BI 4.4.3.3. trigger recordings, camera combine 8hours, clip chop 8 hours.

trigger save -5 seconds to +10 seconds

have over 1000 files now in about a week. I was expecting 3 a day per camera.. 3*3*7= 63ish.

record to disc on

record to New
move new to stored every 8 hours
move stored to aux7, big (5tb) external disc every day

had move aux7 to aux6 (google drive), every 90 days, but it moved files TODAY!? recorded on 9/14/16
turned this off for now

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have three cameras, Amcrest 721, wifi, BI 4.4.3.3. trigger recordings, camera combine 8hours, clip chop 8 hours.

trigger save -5 seconds to +10 seconds

have over 1000 files now in about a week. I was expecting 3 a day per camera.. 3*3*7= 63ish.

record to disc on

record to New
move new to stored every 8 hours
move stored to aux7, big (5tb) external disc every day

had move aux7 to aux6 (google drive), every 90 days, but it moved files TODAY!? recorded on 9/14/16
turned this off for now
How large are the clips?
Your files are being moved because you set a low folder size limit. From the help file
The size specified with "limit folder size" should fit comfortably on your hard drive. If you are short on space for it, you will see red warning text at the bottom of the window as well as status/messages log entries with double exclamation points !!. You should not allow your drive to fill up as this may cause video and/or database corruption.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
somehow cut on trigger was set for each camera. it might be a default..