Number plate and face detection Hikvison

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'm trying to look for two camera one's for number plates and the other for face [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-senif]detection at the door [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-senif]this is my ptz down the street i have a tree next to it but can be removed

see first two photos

the other one is the front door'

the nvr is a
[/FONT]DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P so i want to use the right hik cameras so i can use the face and number smart event

please let me know where to buy them from i looked on aliexpress but i can't understand and i can only use english with this nvr since its english built nvr

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.37.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.38.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-26 at 9.39.04 PM.png

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pail, there are several license plate recognition (LPR) threads in this forum with a ton of posts here. You may want to use the forum search function to locate them because there is more information and knowledge in those topics than you will ever uncover in this thread.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pail, there are several license plate recognition (LPR) threads in this forum with a ton of posts here. You may want to use the forum search function to locate them because there is more information and knowledge in those topics than you will ever uncover in this thread.

i know but i can't find any new type i'm so lost on what devices have them if you know what i'm saying

i'm 100% lost on what have them and don't

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what exactly are you trying to achieve?

looks like you already have a huisun/imporx mini-ptz, which can be dialed in to get good license plate shots.
you could easily ready the plate in the first scene you posted if the cam's exposure setting were shortened to
1/250 or 1/500 or higher. however, at that exposure, you won't see anything BUT license plates and head/taillights
at night...

I believe the hikvision 'number plate detection' feature only provide images with the plates highlighted,
and does not provide the plate number itself, which requires serious OCR capabilities.

there are off-the-shelf automated LPR solutions (ALPR), but they are very expensive, which is why a few folks here
are playing around with OpenALPR...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Just to add apparently you could use OpenLPR with Hikvision NVR pulling stream from Huisun

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to add apparently you could use OpenLPR with Hikvision NVR pulling stream from Huisun
only if the NVR can provide an mjpeg transcoding of the Huisun h264-only stream. BI can do that as well.