Numerous problems with different cameras and NVR

Reaction score
Hello.

Hoping for some guidance.

I own three IP PTZ cameras at home and recently bought an NVR. ENCAM brand.

The problems.

1 Camera absolutely no issues at all . Live view , Sound ,PTZ control etc etc . all working. Well except ptz correctly . I click left it goes right. I click up it goes down. But I can cope with that.

Camera 2 all I know about it from its app is. IPCAM. The App is V380 Pro. It looks very similar to a Wanscam PTZ I found online. The Software version says. APPV3800E21_PTZ_ETH_V3.2.6.1_20195013
FIRMWARE VERSION. HWV380E21_WF3_PTZ_ETH_20162017

The problem I have with this camera is . When it's added to my NVR it's constantly flashing in liveview. on/off approx every 5 secs. Sometimes a gap of a minute or two then carries on. Non stop.

Camera 3. Well where do I start with this one. Can't find the seller anymore so can't contact them. And all I know about this one is. It uses 360EYES PRO APP. Info on that about it is.
Device Model. 2A2E06E-GTWY. Firmware Version GENERAL_2A2E06E-GTWY(P)_V4.01.73 and UUID 406A8E224DOB

Now this one has Auto Tracking. Well it did. What it does now when tracking is enabled is it initially moves to center the moving object then turns and points to the ground and scans let's say their feet or the car wheels. So pointless so I've now switched that off for now so it's as good as a static camera. This camera also does the flashing in liveview but around every 10 mins it will actually reboot and give itself another IP address then the NVR can't see it so I'ver managed to get that to stay on a Static ip now but it still reboots, which is around a 2min cycle. And this camera is also fine when not added to NVR and only from App.

So at the moment I've got 3 cameras with 3 different APP's and 1 NVR with another APP. So if all of them worked like they should I'd only have the APP for the NVR. And thats called Bitvision.

So can anyone help me with any of those issues . Or know where I could get firmware and try reinstalling that incase that's corrupt? Or any advice at all really. I have been told that the flashing in liveview could be caused by compression rate but I can't access either dodgy camera via a webpage and their ip to get at extra settings that the app doesn't provide. I just keep getting access denied or ip doesn't exist.

I hope that hasn't melted anyone's brain like it has mine. LOL.

I hope that wasn't to long and boring but i've tried to explain everything I can in as much detail I can.

Oh . Everything is on Ethernet cables with their own power supplies . The originals with 10 metre extensions on them and everything is also ONVIF. But also been told that could be corrupt whatever that means.

Thank you everyone for reading and am eagerly waiting for replies and I hope that everyone is keeping safe and well.

Tony....

Attachments

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
typically its always best to keep the cameras and the NVR the same brand for less aggravation.
Are the cameras wireless? Or are they wired with an Ethernet cable.
If you made the cable did o-you use solid copper cable and not Copper Clad Aluminum.
Did you install the Rj45 jacks to the 568b standard?
In the future stick with known good brands such as Hikvision and Dahua....there international models.
Study the attachment.

Attachments

Reaction score
typically its always best to keep the cameras and the NVR the same brand for less aggravation.
Are the cameras wireless? Or are they wired with an Ethernet cable.
If you made the cable did o-you use solid copper cable and not Copper Clad Aluminum.
Did you install the Rj45 jacks to the 568b standard?
In the future stick with known good brands such as Hikvision and Dahua....there international models.
Study the attachment.

Thank you. They're in cable. I bought the cat cables pre made. And as an update. I was playing around with fps and stream till early hours this morning. It has improved vastly. Still slight flashing but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Also the camera that I have no issues with started flashing on and off after it went into night mode last night. So as a test I turned it into smart colour with led spotlights on permanent which then turned the picture into colour and the flashing stopped.

Could this be a power drop issue? I'm using the original 1amp supply but have attached a 10mtr extension. Didn't think there would be much difference over thst length.

Thanks. Tony

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like it flicking in and out of night mode from your description.

Check the settings in the cam to see if there’s any configuration you might be able to set or control in terms of night mode.