Nvidia Shield + TinyCam Pro

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can load any android app into the android device, how it functions I have not tried. I have tried the Hik IVMS4500 adroid app and was not too impressed. The tiny cam pro is very functional for what you want try the free version to start.

8net

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to record tinycam recordings on usb storage?

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have to agree, I love my two Shields. Have one of each generation (2015 and 2017). Can't say I notice a difference between the players but the newer controller is so much better. I like the remote the 2017 model came with also and the kids can figure outs the UI's. We binned the satellite TV and just use Plex and Netflix now. Also the Shield replaced my HTPC running Kodi (and JRiver at one stage).

Love having the Tiny Cam Pro app that I can just flick to if I hear a noise outside. Did have a little trouble with the Shield running to my projector through the Marantz processor but figured that eventually. Been solid since.

8net

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone able to record on external hdd using Nvidia shield?

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you were only buying a Shield for CCTV then your wasting your time/money. Buy the right tool for the job.

8net

n3wb
Reaction score
N
If you were only buying a Shield for CCTV then your wasting your time/money. Buy the right tool for the job.
No, not only. Im planning to replace my fire tv. I run kodi and plex on in. however I am unable to fully use tinycam secondary amazontv restrictons.

8net

n3wb
Reaction score
I run TinyCam Pro on the Shield TV Pro. Just love it. The beauty of the Shield TV is all the Android apps available.
Thx weigle2.
Are you able to tell me if you are able to record 24/7 using external hdd?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
N

No, not only. Im planning to replace my fire tv. I run kodi and plex on in. however I am unable to fully use tinycam secondary amazontv restrictons.
What restriction?

WoodmanRon

n3wb
Reaction score
Permission to record in attached usb hdd. I am only able to record on amazon storage which is very limited.
Sounds like a good setup. I've heard good things about the Nvidia Shield.

Last edited:

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Didnt even think of running TinyCam Pro on my Sheild TV. Just bought it and will play with it when I get home!

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought an Nvidia Shield 16GB 3 months ago and it’s great. Much better than our existing Apple TV and Roku.
Is TinyCam Pro still the best solution for the Shield to monitor IP cameras? I have a Hikvision NVR with a lot of IP cameras.

Reaction score
Have to agree, I love my two Shields. Have one of each generation (2015 and 2017). Can't say I notice a difference between the players but the newer controller is so much better. I like these phentermine over the counter remote the 2017 model came with also and the kids can figure outs the UI's. We binned the satellite TV and just use Plex and Netflix now. Also the Shield replaced my HTPC running Kodi (and JRiver at one stage).

Love having the Tiny Cam Pro app that I can just flick to if I hear a noise outside. Did have a little trouble with the Shield running to my projector through the Marantz processor but figured that eventually. Been solid since.
TinyCam Pro still the best solution for the Shield to monitor IP cameras?

Last edited: