NVR abnormal shutdown when Hik-Connect trying to view

burrisbs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a HNR32P4-4P NVR. It has worked perfectly for the last 9 months since install. Now, every time I try to view the cameras on the Hik Connect app, the NVR immediately freezes, and then restarts. I have deleted the system from the app and then put it back. I have reset the NVR to factory defaults and then set it back up. No change. The log shows an abnormal shutdown immediately when trying to live view from the Hik Connect app.
Any ideas?

Loofer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've got the same problem, mine is the DS-7604NI-K1-4P.

I had been playing around with the network settings beforehand trying to get port forwarding sorted and I thought ti was that but it seems to have affected a few people

Loofer

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this not a known issue?
FYI firmware version is v3.4.100 Build180310
Should I consider updating Firmware and if so should I go for the latest one - which I think is v3.4.103

APSjohn

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a known issue with HIKVision. You can use iVMS4500 but most of the time playback doesn’t work. Hik is working on a fix, no time table as to when the app will be working again. It’s also not an issue with all devices.

Loofer

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a known issue with HIKVision. You can use iVMS4500 but most of the time playback doesn’t work. Hik is working on a fix, no time table as to when the app will be working again. It’s also not an issue with all devices.
Thanks, is there anywhere I can read up on this further?