NVR Alarm Notifications via Email - Need some work-around ideas

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My NVR system emails alarm notifications. I use Gmail and currently have all my emails forwarded to my Iphone via text. This is a bit annoying since I get a lot of texts for garbage email and the sort. But, I do get all my NVR alarms. I would like to be able to have Gmail forward only the NVR generated emails to my text with a changed title so that I can easily identify what the alarm is.

For example. If I get a notification with the email subject: Network Video Recorder: traverse plane D2

Currently, my Gmail account forwards the email to my text and truncates most of the message. In this instance I would get pretty much "Network Video Recorder: traverse plane D2". I'm about 75% sure that I cant change the title in my LaView NVR system.

I would prefer that the "Network Video Recorder: traverse plane D2" actually show up in my text as: "Front Yard Line Crossing". This would require some automated process in which gmail changes the title before forwarding the message text.

Also, I have my NVR configured to send me photos with an alarm. These photos are attached to the email message. But, I don't get them when they are forwarded to text.

Looking for ideas and work-arounds.

Thanks