nvr and latency on event video

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello everyone, can someone tell me why when i watch an event video on my nvr the picture is correct and no stuttering, and when i watch from the nvr webpage on my pc the video is full of jerks and latency
thank you very much

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a network capacity issue in your system. Watching on the NVR isn't running through your home network. Watching on a PC and it is traveling through any switches and router, or it could be a slower computer.

Is the computer wifi? If so that could be it. If the computer is hard-wired and not wifi, try connecting the NVR and the PC on a switch and then to the router - I suspect you have both the NVR and computer connected directly to a router and they are not the most efficient at passing data.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you for the quick response, no the pc and the nvr its wired connection, and I have a bandwidth of 120 mbps, so pretty fast, and if I watch netflix streaming on my pc it's fine, maybe the chrome browser or explorer the problem thanks again i will do another test

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Netflix buffers up movies so they don't lag when you watch...the NVR doesn't buffer video...and the bandwidth isn't the issue since it is all on the inside of the LAN and not going across WAN.

Most times simply connecting the computer and the NVR on the same switch resolves it - if they both connect to the router directly that has been known to cause issues as wifi routers are not known to process data management as well because now in addition to processing hard-wired it is also processing wifi.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depending on your PC specs? It's likely your PC and hopefully appropriate NVR browser? Is not capable of decoding the what ever bitrate/codec from the NVR?