NVR and output alarms

simone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm planning to install around my house 3 maybe 4 IP cameras (Dahua 4 Mpixel each) and what I'm looking for is a NVR with 3 or 4 relay outputs to trigger MANUALLY by Android App , so Could someone advice me which
model to buy?
Possibly the less expensive on the market because the only important thing for me is to have alarm ports, triggered by my android phone, and I think that it's better to manage the outputs by a single NVR instead of buy cameras with relay output on board... or not ?
Let me know if this solution is doable.
Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm planning to install around my house 3 maybe 4 IP cameras (Dahua 4 Mpixel each) and what I'm looking for is a NVR with 3 or 4 relay outputs to trigger MANUALLY by Android App , so Could someone advice me which
model to buy?
Possibly the less expensive on the market because the only important thing for me is to have alarm ports, triggered by my android phone, and I think that it's better to manage the outputs by a single NVR instead of buy cameras with relay output on board... or not ?
Let me know if this solution is doable.
Thanks.
NVR5416/5432/5464-16P-4KS2 | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

simone

n3wb
Reaction score
last question...the NVR relay output works like a button or a switch ?

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the alarm will output for however long you set the triggering event,( eg: ivs or motion detection ) for, in seconds.

simone

n3wb
Reaction score
From DMSS, as a switch. When you trigger them manually from DMSS, they will stay ON until you switch them back to OFF.
It is normal, I think, that If you trigger the out manually it acts as a switch, so I have found a solution because I have to open my sliding gate and I need a button not a switch, the only way is to trigger on and off the out every time I want to open or stop or leave the gate open (a bit boring) then I have found a simple electronic circuit that at every
change of the switch get a pulse of 1 second so this is what I need , I'll try this circuit the next days and I'll see if it works.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is normal, I think, that If you trigger the out manually it acts as a switch, so I have found a solution because I have to open my sliding gate and I need a button not a switch, the only way is to trigger on and off the out every time I want to open or stop or leave the gate open (a bit boring) then I have found a simple electronic circuit that at every
change of the switch get a pulse of 1 second so this is what I need , I'll try this circuit the next days and I'll see if it works.
ELK-960 Delay Timer Module

simone

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks... a bit expensive on amazon.it but exactly what I'm looking for.
I hope my board will work well, a lot of less expensive----