NVR Camera Network Help with POE Switch

dinsey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Forum Members

I have a funny occurrence with my cameras not coming up in the NVR, they drop off and come back on, want to check the network diagram with you.

I have a Lite 8 POE 4K Dahua NVR.

I have my 4 camera's (3 Dahua, 1 Non Dahua on ONVIF format) that work fine when plugged to the NVR only.

But when I put them into a POE switch and then link the POE switch to one of the POE Camera ports on the NVR the cameras drop off then come back on.
The NVR is connected to the LAN network.

Gateway is 192.168.1.1, NVR has been given a Static IP 192.168.1.222 (reserved on the asus router) so I am able to connect to the web interface and make changes to the NVR.
I think the NVR hands out the IP's via its own switch as per the picture below so each cam gets range between 10.1.1.___.

With the picture below i have 3 cameras plugged in to the NVR then port 7 from the NVR runs to the POE switch where there is 1 camera attached, Hence the port is showing 7 i assume.

Ideally i want all 4 cameras to be in the POE switch (not poe switch in NVR) so I have only 1 cable running back to the NVR in the kitchen then to view on screen with HDMI.
Its hit and miss when connecting all 4 cameras to POE Switch (non NVR Switch). Sometimes the cameras drop off.

Do the cameras need to be Static IP or DCHP? Via the individual web interface setting changes? Either way do they have to me in range for the 10.1.1 range or 192.168.1.1?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

dinsey

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, i am okay with the cameras being seen on the NVR Switch, its when the cameras are connected to the External POE Switch.