NVR changing Smart linkage schedule.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello guys, i have an issue here, which i have spent too much time on now. So i hope someone can help me out.

This is the situation:

I have a 7608ni e2 nvr, with 4 camera's connected by a switch. At first, the camera's were connected by using the admin account, but somehow ,the linkage schedule for smart events, which i had set on the camera side, were resetted by the nvr each time.

So a guy came with solution.. '' The problem is, that the nvr is "the boss" and resets the settings of the cam when connecting with admin account. What you can do is, to make a new user in the cam with no rights (but live view) and name it "user" for example. Now you must connect the nvr and the cam with the new username "user" instead of "admin". the recorder now cant change any settings in the cam as it has no rights.''

So i have added the camera by using the user account, with minimum rights. Now the schedule is ok, BUT now no motion recordings. Continous record works ok. Am i the only one with this issue ?
No one else set schedule inside camera, + motion recording?

Now i have to chose between:
1. Add the camera by admin, enjoy motion recording, but NO scheduled linking for smart events.
2. Add the camera by user account, enjoy schedule linking , but no motion recording..

Any help is welcome .. Thanks