NVR Compatibility

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone know if the DS-2CD2035-I will be compatible with NVR model DS-7716NI-SP ?

Apparently, some older NVR's are not compatible with these new 2035 cams, but I've yet to find a list of which ones. Anyone know if this is a match?

Thanks!

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I have this NVR and I am running numerous 3mp cams,And I do believe it will record up to 6mp.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, there's already several original 2032's connected to this NVR with no problem...The concern is if there's any issues adding 2035's into the mix...Apparently, the potential issues have to do with region codes (as 2035 cam is Chinese region only) and the fact that this cam adds H.265 compression whereas the NVR only supports H.264...From what I'm gathering based on some of the Aliexpress listings is that as long as you set the cam to use H.264 and your NVR's firmware is at least 3.3 , then it should work.....but was some conflicting information on some of the ads that these are incompatible with certain NVR's, so I was hoping someone was able to confirm.