NVR Compatible with old Swann NHD-810 1080p IP White Bullet Camera?

Reaction score
Hi

The simple question is:- does anyone know of a compatible NVR for this camera ( Swann NHD-810 1080p IP White Bullet Camera)?

Background

Some years ago I purchased an all in one system that consisted of

SWANN NVR-7285 (SWNVR87285)
and
SWANN NHD-810 Bullet Cameras (SWNHD-810CAM)

The NVR has now died and I have been looking for a replacement in the UK - Swann have said that the NVR 7300 and 7400 are compatible but like the original NVR 7285 is now obsolete.

If I can find a 3rd party compatible NVR great as the cameras are more than adequate and working fine.

If there is no alternative I will take a look at this site and try and purchase a more future proof system than I originally did!! But hopefully a more economic replacement NVR is out there!

Thanks in advance!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As you are finding out, it is best to match brands - so same manufacturer for NVR/DVR and cameras.

There are always some exceptions and ONVIF compliant cams may allow video feeds to be taken into different brands, but full functionality usually is missing.

Your system is an analog system, so it will really be hit or miss. You may find another brand DVR that has the ability for a higher resolution than the cameras you have and it will work, but it may not either.

Would suggest purchasing someplace you can do free returns. At a minimum, you need to find an analog DVR that supports at least the resolution you have.

Reaction score
As you are finding out, it is best to match brands - so same manufacturer for NVR/DVR and cameras.

There are always some exceptions and ONVIF compliant cams may allow video feeds to be taken into different brands, but full functionality usually is missing.

Your system is an analog system, so it will really be hit or miss. You may find another brand DVR that has the ability for a higher resolution than the cameras you have and it will work, but it may not either.

Would suggest purchasing someplace you can do free returns. At a minimum, you need to find an analog DVR that supports at least the resolution you have.
Thanks for your reply, might be a silly question - is a DVR the same as an NVR?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A DVR is for analog camera systems and an NVR is for IP camera systems.

Reaction score
A DVR is for analog camera systems and an NVR is for IP camera systems.
The system I had was an NVR not a DVR so the cameras would be IP so I guess that your answer is basically the same but buy an NVR and see how it goes!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the connection - are the cameras IP cameras (internet/ethernet cable) or are they analog BNC? That is the important part - someone may call it NVR or DVR, but you need to at least match the connections LOL.

Reaction score
Check the connection - are the cameras IP cameras (internet/ethernet cable) or are they analog BNC? That is the important part - someone may call it NVR or DVR, but you need to at least match the connections LOL.
They are ethernet, from a quick read up I think they are POE as I didn't need to put a separate power cable in :cool:

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi

The simple question is:- does anyone know of a compatible NVR for this camera ( Swann NHD-810 1080p IP White Bullet Camera)?

Background

Some years ago I purchased an all in one system that consisted of

SWANN NVR-7285 (SWNVR87285)
and
SWANN NHD-810 Bullet Cameras (SWNHD-810CAM)

The NVR has now died and I have been looking for a replacement in the UK - Swann have said that the NVR 7300 and 7400 are compatible but like the original NVR 7285 is now obsolete.

If I can find a 3rd party compatible NVR great as the cameras are more than adequate and working fine.

If there is no alternative I will take a look at this site and try and purchase a more future proof system than I originally did!! But hopefully a more economic replacement NVR is out there!

Thanks in advance!!
You will ready many blogs, saying they won't work, but I have used these in the past with BlueIris. Stil have the cams but don't have the correct URL handy. I recall they were not Onvif compliant, and a heck of a lot of trial and error eventually they did work.
These cameras were actually quite decent at night, due to the large ring of IR lights. If it helps believe they are actually re-badged Re-link.
I never tested it, but someone did release a windows service that performed conversion, so you could use any Reolink cams with any Onvif software. Did a google but sorry couldn't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You will ready many blogs, saying they won't work, but I have used these in the past with BlueIris. Stil have the cams but don't have the correct URL handy. I recall they were not Onvif compliant, and a heck of a lot of trial and error eventually they did work.
These cameras were actually quite decent at night, due to the large ring of IR lights. If it helps believe they are actually re-badged Re-link.
I never tested it, but someone did release a windows service that performed conversion, so you could use any Reolink cams with any Onvif software. Did a google but sorry couldn't seem to find it.
Well that gives me hope and something to do for the next 3 months at which point I'll just buy a new system!!!

Joking aside thanks - I'll look into that further.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the Swann 8580. It works with cameras from Andy as well as his NVRs. But only 1080 P rather than 4K?

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Checked BlueIris and the current version already has the Swann NHD-810 profile, shown below;

rtsp:/admin:<password>@<ipaddress>:554/h264Preview_01_main
rtsp:/admin:<password>@<ipaddress>:554/h264Preview_01_sub

/h264Preview_01_main
/h264Preview_01_sub

Update:
1664241129429.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Checked BlueIris and the current version already has the Swann NHD-810 profile, shown below;

rtsp:/admin:<password>@<ipaddress>:554/h264Preview_01_main
rtsp:/admin:<password>@<ipaddress>:554/h264Preview_01_sub

/h264Preview_01_main
/h264Preview_01_sub

Update:
View attachment 141008
to test this @spammenotinoz would I just plug one of the cameras in to my Laptop and try and connect to it using Blue Iris?

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
to test this @spammenotinoz would I just plug one of the cameras in to my Laptop and try and connect to it using Blue Iris?
No, your cameras are powered by ethernet, hence they would require a POE compatible switch to inject the power. eg: POE switch below;

Have included an example below;
Amazon.com: TP-Link 9 Port Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps PoE Switch | 8 PoE+ Ports @65W | Sturdy Metal w/Shielded Ports | Limited Lifetime Protection | Extend Mode | Priority Mode | Isolation Mode (TL-SF1009P) : Electronics

Note: This is just an example only, while 1 camera's wouldn't exceed 10mbps, please keep in-mind that if you do upgrade your IP cameras, their key frames tend to be bursty, and depending on your chosen bit rate, 6+ cameras may exceed the burst capacity of a 100mbps switch. Lot of factors involves, like frame rates, key-frame intervals and bitrates. If you have wiring concerns, a 100mbps switch generally more tolerable of older copper wiring.

4 IP's cameras require 5 ports, one for the link back to your BlueIris PC\Network. Likewise a 8 port switch will only support 7 cameras. Also note that when purchasing POE switches note which ports are POE. ie: Some 8 port POE switches may only have 4 POE ports.
Best to purchase a switch from a decent brand with more ports now, to allow you to easily add more cameras later. While there is a lot of hate, TP-Link and NetGear do make some decent products for home\small business use.
I still have a collection of Netgear switches, that just don't die.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply @spammenotinoz that makes sense and completely get the pre planning. And I get the hate!! I've had mixed results myself!!

Will let you know how I get on