NVR configuration not showing the PTZ sub menu

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all
Seeking help on a problem. Just connected a DS2DE4A425IW PTZ into my NVR DS-7616NI-I2 firmware V4.1.64 190726. Works great. Trying to set up smart tracking after setting presets, so follow all instructions to log into NVR via a browser, go looking for PTZ in sub menu (should be between image and event) and it's not there. Does the firmware version not support it now and is smart tracking somewhere else. Looked and looked but can't find it. I've searched the set up on the NVR directly, searched iVMS-4200 and searched by logging into the NVR via browser. Spent 2 days on it so far so it not for the lack of trying. Any ideas

Also, seems this NVR firmware doesn't support the unlock pattern. Does it need turning on?

Appreciate any help.

monaro

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Worked it out. The PTZ (smart tracking) function is under the camera's configuration and not the NVR's. You access the camera's configuration via the NVR, by logging into the NVR's configuration, go config, network, advanced setting, other and ticking virtual host and save. Then back to system, camera management, IP camera and you will be presented with a table showing all your camera's. You find the camera you are after and there will be a tab called "connect". Click on that HTTP link and you will be presented with another log in browser. The log in will (should) be the same as your NVR log in. Log in and now your into your camera's configuration. Hope this helps someone.

Regards