NVR: Disable IR on IPC-T5442T-ZE

ViperHU

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Using NVR4208-8P-4KS2 with IPC-T5442T-ZE cams. Can I either a) auto set select cameras to color during day and B&W at night? Or, b) turn off IR? Use case: cams that point in direction of outdoor lighting that have select areas blown out. When I manually toggle to B&W, they look great.

Thanks!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Im guessing your B&W is with the IR on? If you view the Camera, on a Browser,
you can select Day, then select Illumination, then select auto.
then select night and Select auto,
Should just change over then automagically.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Or surf to the Cam;s Ip ,,,in a browser,,then verify that the IR your in the Night config is off.
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/product/20180211/DHI-NVR4208-4216-4232-4KS2_datasheet_20180202.pdf[/URL]

Last edited:

ViperHU

n3wb
Reaction score
Of course now that I upgraded firmware on camera and NVR, all the feeds are black/blank. #gah

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be logging into the camera GUI through the e browser in the NVR to set up any changes in the camera.

And you learned a lesson we say here - don't fix what ain't broke - if the unit is working for your needs, sometimes updates break something you use!

@bigredfish, our resident NVR expert, any thoughts?

ViperHU

n3wb
Reaction score
You should be logging into the camera GUI through the e browser in the NVR to set up any changes in the camera.

And you learned a lesson we say here - don't fix what ain't broke - if the unit is working for your needs, sometimes updates break something you use!

@bigredfish, our resident NVR expert, any thoughts?
Tried and true words of wisdom. When I hit the "e" I cannot open up the individual camera. I was previously able to access it through the web-based GUI otherwise.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Show us a picture of your NVR camera registration screen ..
Are the cameras assigned port 1,2,3 etc?
Are the indicators for ea camera green?
Are the IE buttons lit blue or gray?