NVR DS-7600-K not being assigned IP - Help

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7600-K. It is plugged into a TP-Link router. Using the iVMS-4200 Client on a laptop on the same network, I can see the NVR in the list of devices.

However, it looks like the NVR is not being assigned a local IP which means when I add the NVR into the list of devices in the iVMS-4200 Client, connection fails. I have DHCP enabled so that a local IP should be assigned, but it never gets a local IP.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong here? I'm sure this is not a problem of port forwarding (that all comes after), the first thing I need is a local IP, which is not happening for me.

I've attached screenshots of the current network settings on the NVR.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you see the nvr via sadap tool and see what IP address it has on your net work ? If not the same you can change it to fit your network range the un check dhcp

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I can see it via the SADP tool. The IP address it has is 192.168.254.1, which is the 'Internal NIC IPv4 Address' on the NVR. But that's no good to me right?

So, for example, if my laptop has a local IP of 192.168.1.4, I should set the IP address of the NVR via the SADP tool to, for example, 192.168.1.5 ?

And then uncheck Enable DHCP on the NVR?

Thanks

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes set the nvr on the same local net work as your laptop then it should work fine

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I can see it via the SADP tool. The IP address it has is 192.168.254.1, which is the 'Internal NIC IPv4 Address' on the NVR.
With that address, it looks like you have an NVR PoE port plugged in to the router instead of the NVR LAN port.
That's the default address for the NVR PoE interface.

Reaction score
Nice one. Yeah found that one out the hard way too after the IP changed. Have a static rule in place now linking an IP to the MAC address.