NVR DST winter time do we lose 1 hour recording

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a newbie trying to configure/learn/understand my home IP surveillance system, I have a DHI-NVR4108-8P-4KS2, if we use DST when we change to winter time (at 2:00 AM we go back to 1:00AM) apparently the "new" 1:00 to 2:00 overlaps the previous recording, is there a way to retrieve the "summer" 1:00AM to 2:00AM recording?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No you don't lose it. Someone asked me this a while back so I checked...

It's just that it will appear to jump when viewed from the recorder timeline. If you search all recordings using the web browser or go through the recorder menu, you'll find a list of all the recordings in chunks. In that list there will be two separate chunks - one leading up to 2 AM BST and one after the hour goes back for 1 - 2 AM GMT (or whatever timezone you're in). From the recording list you can playback the file directly from there.

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks John,
yesterday I tried with less than 1 hour recording overlap and didn't manage to see all the recording will try with more than 1 hour.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks John,
yesterday I tried with less than 1 hour recording overlap and didn't manage to see all the recording will try with more than 1 hour.
HI,

The DST option checkbox flags the recording schedule for those 2 specific dates(start and stop DST), the recording schedule is typically 25hours for the date (for search/review) purposes

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried unchecking the DST box in the NVR time setup and viewing, in the NVR Playback, forward and backward I have a gap in the recording, also if I download a "start and end time" video clip still the gap is there (from summer to winter time).
Only if I download the "1 hour segments" I can see all the recording.
Don't know if I was clear in the explanation but I'm new at this and my menus are in portuguese...