NVR Event Trigger to PTZ problems

Reaction score
Hello guys,
is it a bug in the software, or am I just too stupid to set it up correctly?
Here is the problem:
NVR2108HS-I, IPC-HFW5442E-ZE and SD5A232XA-HNR.
When I set the NVR to switch to another PTZ preset on the SD5A232XA when an intrusion is reported on the HFW5442E, it works, but the following 2 problems occur.
1. the SD5A232XA does not track
2. the SD5A232XA stays in the preset it was sent from the NVR and does not go back.
Against the 2nd problem I could find an emergency solution thanks to the forum here, because "Idle Motion" didn't work either: "Time-Task" on the SD5A232XA set to 60 seconds, so that it goes back again.

So, again my initial question: Is it a bug in the software, or is the bug sitting in front of the computer?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you set up smart IVS for that preset in the PTZ for it to track?

Have you got the PTZ to track at all without the spotter cam?

And do it within the camera GUI not the NVR.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
1- You must set separate IVS rules on the PTZ for Preset 2 for it to trip and track at that preset
2- yes use Time Task it works fine

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

It works!

PTZ camera set to factory settings, all presets and intrusion detection set up with IE, additionally switched on the intelligent motion detection (people and vehicles).
Finally checked the settings on the NVR and what can I say: everything works as it should.
I only find the problem that "Time Task" has to be activated a bit annoying, but maybe there will be another solution at some point.