NVR for LTS 4MP POE cameras

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently purchased a house with a few LTS cameras (CMIP3042W) but no NVRs. I am trying to help him to hook up for local and remote monitoring. Any suggestion for a compatible NVR? Will current version of LTS or Hikvision NVRs just plug and play? Any vendor suggestions? At first I thought it would be very convenient since I live just half hour away from LTS headquarter in SoCal. I tried to register on ltsmall and never got any response. I spoke to an LTS sales representative over the phone but he said LTS does not deal with end users like me directly. Many thanks.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently purchased a house with a few LTS cameras (CMIP3042W) but no NVRs. I am trying to help him to hook up for local and remote monitoring. Any suggestion for a compatible NVR? Will current version of LTS or Hikvision NVRs just plug and play? Any vendor suggestions? At first I thought it would be very convenient since I live just half hour away from LTS headquarter in SoCal. I tried to register on ltsmall and never got any response. I spoke to an LTS sales representative over the phone but he said LTS does not deal with end users like me directly. Many thanks.
Welcome @Himalaya2001

You have 3 options
1) an NVR ( Hikvision OEM would be the top pick imho )
2) Hikvision OEM VMS software on a PC + external POE switch
3) Blue Iris VMS software ( or other VMS sw ) on a PC + external POE switch

For #1, I would check to see if Nelly's has something ( they also have a normal sale site, the following is their garage sale site - feel free to drop them a note if you like, they're one of the recommended vendors )
Garage Sale Bonanza - New and Used security equipment for sale

Remember each camera will have a user / password pairing - and if it is not the default you may need to do a factory reset on the cameras.