NVR has set password on camera? What is it? Not 12345!

brett_r

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Purchased a DS-7716NI-E4/16P NVR and 4 x DS-2CD2342WD IP Cam turrets.

Got the first camera out, plugged it straight into back of NVR and it was up and running without an issue. Unplugged it, accessed via my browser and got the login prompt for camera - perfect!!

Attempted to login with admin / 12345 'invalid password' - I never recall setting a password, NVR managed to get a stream from camera though?

Camera is brand new out of the box, I've plugged it straight into NVR and NVR has somehow set it's own password on the camera.

I now plugged camera back into NVR and I get invalid username and password under System > camera

How do I get my camera back ??

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try the password you use to login to the NVR.

brett_r

n3wb
Reaction score
It is saying 'The User is locked' continually. How do I reset this?

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's because the new security strategy of Hikvision (IP address of the party trying to access the camera using wrong password is blocked). Either wait 30 minutes before login again or login to camera using differnet PC (different IP address). Try to login using the NVR password, then go to Configuration-> Advanced -> Security -> Security service -> and disable "Enable illegal login lock" feature.

brett_r

n3wb
Reaction score
Just figured it out, it was my 'original' admin password for anyone else running into same issue. (Like many in IT, I have a lot of passwords on my mind!)

As I changed my admin password post set-up and plugging in cam to NVR, it appears NVR does set admin password on IP Cam. If you change admin password obviously this doesn't update camera(s).

Password reset tool doesn't work on these cameras, requires export/import procedure.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah I had the same problem with my NVR, I originally change the password to my NVR, thinking it would push the new updated password to my Cameras, Well it didn't. When I tried to logged into the camera via browser I had to put my old password and configure each camera with the new password, Talking about being a pain

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe the new default password for Hik IP cams is 123456789abc

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the problem is some cameras do not go directly to the "create password" dialog on these new cameras. Even though one has not been set yet. This is through http not direct poe.

I am not sure why this fixed it but putting the port number ( :80) after the local ip finally got me to the create password dialog.

7ke2wiahu

n3wb
Reaction score
When plugging a brand new HikVisions into my NVR I was also never prompted to set the password and none of the defaults found online worked, yet my NVR was able to access the video feeds via "Plug-and-Play". I found the way around this is to set a "Channel Default Password" and enable "Sync IPC Password".

This would essentially automatically set the password of all my cameras to a default that I can specify. The screen shot below should help anyone looking for where to find this setting within there NVR's web interface.

1700309667601.png