NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P with Acusense Cameras : no option to configure Flashing and Alarm output

deun2013

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am trying to configure a NVR with 2 acusense cameras with Strobe Light functionality.

However, after I plugged in the camera, I do not see the option below "Flashing Alarm Light Output". Indeed, this section does not appaer at all and there is no way to configure this from the interface.

Questions are:

• Is there a compability issue between NVR and cameras?
  • Is it an issue with the software?
  • Is it an issue because the camera is not recognized as a "Strobe Light Camera"?

Thanks for your help.

1608982474694.png

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Access the camera through its internal GUI and not through the NVR. Enable the strobe in the GUI through the camera. It should work afterwards.

deun2013

n3wb
Reaction score
Access the camera through its internal GUI and not through the NVR. Enable the strobe in the GUI through the camera. It should work afterwards.
Hi coney27.

Thanks for your reply.

However can I access to the GUI of the camera? I connected the POE camera to the NVR directly. But I cannot display the GUI of the camera.

Thanks again!

Attachments

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can either enable virtual host from the NVR and access the camera through a specific ip address provided by the NVR such as 192.168.1.5:65004 or disconnect the camera from the NVR, connect the camera to a router or switch directly and then access the camera by its internal GUI at 192.168.1.64

deun2013

n3wb
Reaction score
You can either enable virtual host from the NVR and access the camera through a specific ip address provided by the NVR such as 192.168.1.5:65004 or disconnect the camera from the NVR, connect the camera to a router or switch directly and then access the camera by its internal GUI at 192.168.1.64

Hi Cony,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I think I am mixing two things.

Now in the NVR, there are Events to be configured, but also in the GUI of the camera itself. The strobe light and siren work, however, it does not record anything when I configure this in the camera itself. Is that expected or can we somehow retrieve the event from the camera in the NVR directly?

Thanks!

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you already configured the events in the NVR? If so just activate the strobe light in the cameras GUI and leave the rest alone. Reconnect the camera to the NVR and test it out. There should be no issues and all your recorded events are stored in the NVR. I hope that was the answer you were looking for

deun2013

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Cony you are right - sorry I reformulate my question.

If you want to detect intrusion with strobe light, do you need to configure this twice? Once in the NVR to record, and another time in the camera itself to activate the strobe light?

What I tried:
  • I activated the strobe light on the camera and deactivated the intrusion in the NVR => it did not record anything
  • I deactivated the intrusion on the camera but activated it in the NVR => It did not detect the intrusion

Therefore, to have the strobe light activated AND recording we need to configure the 2 devices separately.

Thanks - I think I am almost done.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would activate the strobe function only on the camera through the GUI. I would then configure the smart event in the NVR and test it.

deun2013

n3wb
Reaction score
Wonderful coney you are a star! Thanks for your time and help ! It works fine, I do not need to configure this in both sides , I just need to set this in the NVR and activate the strobe and alarm as you suggested :).

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the option isn't shown in the NVR then the camera is in charge of the smart event / event. Theres no real clear cut way to determine which overrides the other as I know it. Maybe someone else could give you a definite answer.