NVR IP Address change, cameras inaccessible

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed the ip address of my dahua nvr 4101-p to a static address. Now the camera a dahua starlight is still present in smart pss and the web portal but the status icon is now what looks like a computer monitor with a red x in the corner,I'm assuming it means error. The camera is no longer available for playback in the web portal smart pss or the gdmss app. I'm sure I need to change something else but not sure what. Many Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you take the IP that had been assigned to it by the router and just make it static in the NVR? If so, then there's no technical reason why that would not have worked, assuming there were no typos.

Or did you change it to another IP that possibly is already assigned to another device? That could explain the issue.

To help troubleshoot, you could use Advanced IP Scanner on your PC or Fing on your smartphone to locate all devices on your network & their IP's.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed it to a new IP address. I scanned the network using network IP scan and verified the new IP address is assigned to the nvr in the router. I'll try rebooting the router and see if that does anything.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope same result. The ip address of the nvr is 192.168.1.15 and I think the ip address of the camera is 10.1.1.67. at least that's what the web portal says.

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well the ip change was completely unrelated. I had the wrong password in the configuration panel on the web portal. Bone head
see the forest through the trees.

Thanks for your time.