NVR/IP Cameras HikVision Firmware Upgrade - How?

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Everytime when upgrading the firmware for my NVR or IP Cameras via web browser (IE11) it doesn't work. I select the firmware file from my HDD click upgrade and it's say upgrading but nothing is happening. Can log to the same camera/nvr via another IE tab. I have tried via Google Chrome but the "Browse" button on Maintenance tab doesn't even work (click but nothing is happening) so the only way to get my firmware upgraded is via tftp server for the camera and locally (screen and mouse connected) via NVR.

Also the same in regards to the settings. I can export the setting from my cameras but can not import them back after the firmware upgrade is completed and each camera has to be configured manually from the scratch.

What am I missing here?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the case of Chrome, it's because the plugin isn't loaded. It won't ever be loaded for the time being because the plugin is not chrome compatible. (Chrome used PPAPI plugins, WebComponents is written in NPAPI, and IE uses ActiveX)

Try Firefox. On Mac, I have to use Safari. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tried firefox but still the same. The HikVision Web plugin keeps crashing, CPU usage 100% - PC keeps crashing too.

It all started with that new firmware...

adline

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a compatibility plugin for Chrome which installs an (for lack of a better term) MS Explorer emulator.
it's called IE Tab.
See full explanation here.
IE Tab
Works perfectly for my Hikvision cameras.