NVR is automatically changing to 16-view

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using NVR5216-16p-I with 8 cams
recently, I started using a screen connected to the HDMI or VGA port 24/7
with two different screens, one was connected to the VGA and the current is a TV connected to the HDMI port, the NVR would randomly change the default 8 view to 16 view for no reason.
It can take between 5 minutes to one day but I'd always end up with that 16 view for my 8 cams.

did anyone came across such issue? is it a bug with my NVR model?

BTW, is it okay to leave the LCD screen (now it's a new TV) connected to the screen working 24/7 ?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure it will help but I had the same earlier and I ended up enabling "Tour" but only activating the screen i want to see.
Then the Tour is changing to the same "page" every time.

tour.JPG

Another thing I've learned (the hard way) is that these buttons, see in green below, controls the NVR output.
Note that these are only visible from IE and not on chrome.

live.jpg

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you genelit,
In that case, we can confirm it's a bug.
I did not want a tour, nor did I want to view a single cam. I wanted my 8 view with one chosen fav cam in the middle (bigger).
Your second image is for IE VIA PC. I was talking about the direct connection of a screen.

thinking about it now, maybe the tour is better to protect the screen.... still, I am looking for the constant 8 view.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the same NVR and it's working fine for me, also viewing 8 cameras on a TV. Personally I have scheduled a daily reboot on the NVR - this solves a lot of strange errors :cool:

The second picture was to show that if you also click in IE it will impact your view on the TV - a good feature IMO once you know about it.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you again genelit,
For some reason, the 8 view keeps changing alone to 16 view in my case.
I had auto reboot scheduled for every week. Changed it for once a day.
it wouldn't be my first guess, but if it works for you, I can't argue with it.

I did see a change when I was checking 8 view on my IE.
I do know that each time after I change to 8 view I also need to change the 1st cam to be my main cam.
After I was opening 8 view in IE, I had to change it again on the TV screen.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using NVR5216-16p-I with 8 cams
recently, I started using a screen connected to the HDMI or VGA port 24/7
with two different screens, one was connected to the VGA and the current is a TV connected to the HDMI port, the NVR would randomly change the default 8 view to 16 view for no reason.
Any change in behavior for 24 hours if you have only the VGA connected then reboot and set to 8 view?
Any change in behavior for 24 hours if you have only the HDMI connected then reboot and set to 8 view?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Too early to talk about a change. I did set it to daily restart, it did restart 1.5 hours ago (and loaded with 8 view).
I would not try the VGA as I disconnected the old computer screen that was connected to VGA. I now use a 43" TV with HDMI.

The other question bothering me is a possible damage to the LCD screen that keeps showing more or less the same picture 24/7
Does anyone have experience with it?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
some update:
I got to see the auto-restart this morning. It was working great: the 8 view return right after the restart with my chosen cam in the middle.
22 minuets after that, I was passing by and I saw the 16 view again.
looks like it's got nothing to do with the restart. the restart once a week is more than enough and the change to 16 view have nothing to do with it.

Thank you Tiny for the info, though looks like my TV does not have those protections.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
strange update about the bug:
I confirmed before that viewing the cams from IE affect the view of the main screen (genelit was the one who saw it first).

Now, I can say for sure that when I open the gdmss app on my phone and view the cams, the main screen jumps to 16 viiew automatically,
it's repeatable: each time when the phone gets the stream, the TV screen jumps to 16 view.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
solution:
happy to say that the problem is solved.
Since I have 8 cams, when I was using the cams via gdmss, I was filling the 9 cams square by viewing the 8 cams and adding 0channel
The 0Channel was adding the split screen of my NVR and that's how I was filling all 9 squares together.
Turns out that the 0Channel was causing the problem. Viewing 0Channel from gdmss was changing the default view I was choosing for the NVR screen to 16 view.
The solution is naturally not to add the 0Channel to the gdmss view.
That way or another, I must say that I don't like the fact that viewing cams from an Android phone can change my settings for security reasons.
I would expect a phone app to be able to show my the cams and push notifications but I don't like it to cause bugs nor to get enough permissions to cause damage (I do not consider that bug as damage, damage is more like what other people would like to do given they got such permissions).

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had the same issue with a Dahua XVR when "zero channel" was activated on the XVR. Switched off to resolve.