Reaction score
Hello, Good day/afternoon/evening.

I have a dumb question.
Our NVR/DVR are offline but all of the IP cameras working fine and continue recording, upon checking the DHCP left uncheck but it has already IP Add, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway and the Platform Access is already enabled. So here's my question, if I'm going to enable the DHCP, will my NVR go online? Will it affect the IP cameras after enabling?

Thank you in advance.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If the current IP address of the NVR is not in range of the local network, (example; NVR 192.168.1.102/ and Gateway is 192.168.0.1), and its a static( not DHCP) address, on your local network, it would be OFFLINE. Enabling DHCP might allow your router to handshake with NVR and get an IP address....BUT....then you could lose your connection to the NVR because you won't know it's new IP address.....
You should be able to manually assign the NVR a Static IP in the range of the Local network.
If your Gateway is 192.168.0.1 from your router, then all your network devices should be assigned addresses from 192.168.0.2 thru 192.168.0.254...
Your cameras should be on an internal network of the NVR like 10.10.x.x or something and be unaffected.
Unless you fucked with the defaults.
Did you fuck with the defaults?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the current IP address of the NVR is not in range of the local network, (example; NVR 192.168.1.102/ and Gateway is 192.168.0.1), and its a static( not DHCP) address, on your local network, it would be OFFLINE. Enabling DHCP might allow your router to handshake with NVR and get an IP address....BUT....then you could lose your connection to the NVR because you won't know it's new IP address.....
You should be able to manually assign the NVR a Static IP in the range of the Local network.
If your Gateway is 192.168.0.1 from your router, then all your network devices should be assigned addresses from 192.168.0.2 thru 192.168.0.254...
Your cameras should be on an internal network of the NVR like 10.10.x.x or something and be unaffected.
Unless you fucked with the defaults.
Did you fuck with the defaults?
I did not make any changes because I do not have enough knowledge yet.
The IP Adress, SM, DG, and IP Cameras are in range (192.168.1.x) and it is static.

Here's the NVR model: