NVR lags on playback\maintenance (NVR not Responding)

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 62 channels NVR(Hikvision) that constantly lag/froze while trying to do playback and other task.

However, If I restart the NVR then it works normal afterward but after a day or later same thing occurs.

did someone have encounter this issue and got a solution for it?

Kindly advise

Regards,

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 62 channels NVR(Hikvision) that constantly lag/froze while trying to do playback and other task.

However, If I restart the NVR then it works normal afterward but after a day or later same thing occurs.

did someone have encounter this issue and got a solution for it?

Kindly advise

Regards,
Is the lag a recent development?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Look and see how much bandwith you are using. I assume you have a 64 channel NVR and you are using all but two channels.

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hik’s biggest NVR can only handle 768Mbps incomig bandwith. Are you sure its 1Gbps.
Thanks for your reply.

I meant to say that we are using bandwidth speed of 1Gbps from the service provider. but few of the other properties, we are using 500Mbps and still having issues with 64 channels NVR.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your NVR model number? The 64 channel version has a maximum input bandwith of 512Mbps. You should not use more than 90% of that. Try disconnecting 10 or so cameras and see how it functions then.

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is your NVR model number? The 64 channel version has a maximum input bandwith of 512Mbps. You should not use more than 90% of that. Try disconnecting 10 or so cameras and see how it functions then.

On the same network I have no issues with 32 channels NVR however I am having issues with 64 channels NVR. At 64 channels NVR, I do have only 40 cameras atm.

The NVR model is
DS-9664NI-I16

Are there any other alternate way rather then disconnecting the cameras to outcome over it?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Network
Remote connection: 128
Incoming bandwidth: 320Mbps or 200Mbps(when RAID is enabled)
Outgoing bandwidth: 256Mpbs or 200Mbps(when RAID is enabled)

These are the specs for your NVR.

So what does your NVR say is your actual bandwith? It does not matter how many cameras you have connected. It is the bandwith being used.

If you are using more than 290 Mbps of band with you need to lower you frame rate. Use H265 encoding. That is assuming non-RAID.

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Network
Remote connection: 128
Incoming bandwidth: 320Mbps or 200Mbps(when RAID is enabled)
Outgoing bandwidth: 256Mpbs or 200Mbps(when RAID is enabled)

These are the specs for your NVR.

So what does your NVR say is your actual bandwith? It does not matter how many cameras you have connected. It is the bandwith being used.

If you are using more than 290 Mbps of band with you need to lower you frame rate. Use H265 encoding. That is assuming non-RAID.
Thanks a lot for sharing this information.

I'll apply these any see. Sorry to say this but I am not much familiar with Hikvision Systems yet. So, could you please assist on how will I be able to check the bandwidth that my NVR is receiving or being used?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can access by connecting a monitor and mouse directly to the NVR. After logging in, look at the icons on the top of the screen. I’m not at home so I cannot remember exactly which of the three icons you will select on the right side. Try each one until it displays a network submenu. This will show you the incoming bandwith. Hopefully someone else here can tell you the exact steps since they have access to their NVRs.

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can access by connecting a monitor and mouse directly to the NVR. After logging in, look at the icons on the top of the screen. I’m not at home so I cannot remember exactly which of the three icons you will select on the right side. Try each one until it displays a network submenu. This will show you the incoming bandwith. Hopefully someone else here can tell you the exact steps since they have access to their NVRs.

Alright. Thanks again for above all replies.