NVR: Line Crossing Min/Max

uid0

n3wb
Reaction score
With the new Hikvision 5.4.4 camera firmware, you can now set min/max sizes on line-cross and intrusion detection events for cameras. This is a great feature for reducing false positives and I want to start using it, BUT... since my set-up involves using the 7616 NVR, it seems all of the events need to be configured via the NVR, not via the Camera set-up page. Has anyone manages to get around this, or get these configured for alerting?

If I set up the alerts in the camera settings, the changes do not take effect for alerting (no emails / push notifications.) If I then visit the event (VCA) settings for each camera in the NVR, it shows the old/previous event settings. Its almost as if the camera and the NVR store the event settings in different locations.

Thoughts?

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have the new firmware but my understanding is the cameras treat the NVR as the surveillance center...IOW when you have a line cross or intrusion detection, the linkage action is always set to notify surveillance center, and then the NVR performs the appropriate action. Have you looked for upgraded firmware for the NVR to reflect the same VCA updates that the cameras got? My guess is that the NVR would also need a firmware update to work with the new settings on the cameras. But those are just my thoughts.

Replicant

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, unfortunately the latest firmware for the NVR (76xx) is not up to date as the camera's firmware and is lacking this min/max feature. Changes done on the camera do not look effective and on the NVR VCA section the setting to decide the proportion is greyed out and can't be changed.
My guess is that we'll have to wait a few months to get the NVR firmware updated with something in line with the camera's firmware (at least I hope!).

Si1986

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've just hit the exact same issue after upgrading from V5.4.3 to V5.5.0. Configuration settings can be changed directly on the camera but these don't translate to the NVR. No alerts are being created. I've updated the NVR (7604) to the very latest available firmware V3.4.96, but the problem still exists.

I've looked into rolling back to the older firmware but looks like Hikvision have locked being able to do this so I'm a bit stuck right now. Did you ever find an issue for this?

Replicant

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, no luck...ended up just using the camera's interface to configure them and forget the NVR for these more advanced things.

Si1986

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back. Ah OK then. Bit of a pain. Alerts don't seem to be getting passed from the camera to the NVR now for some reason. Have had a play around with the Min/Max new settings on the camera interface with no luck. No emails or push notifications coming through. Can't get email working directly on the camera, I assume because it's directly connected to the NVR and not my LAN. Wish I'd never bothered! All I was looking for was a fix for false alerts when night vision switched on. I'd happily live with that now!

Replicant

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, in my setup I gave an IP to all cameras and to the NVR through an external PoE switch, that helps...