NVR LiveView Issues

Reaction score
Hi guys, an outline for you.

I have a DS-2CD2142FWD-I which I was using connected to my NAS - all good.

I decided to get an NVR an expand my setup (DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A) however things have not gone well!

I cannot get the live view to work from the NAS for the camera despite downloading numerous plugins etc. It's not working on my primary computer (Mac) nor 2 Windows machines (7 & 10) all on various browsers. They just show a dark grey box. The live view seems to work on my iPhone using the iVMS app.

The live view works on my VGA monitor connected to the NVR (although quite a low resolution?) HOWEVER when I go to a setting such motion detection the small preview window is blank.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm a bit lost..!

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the camera plugged into the NVR now? If so, what is your NVR IP setup (both the embedded NIC and the NVR itself)? And do you have a HDD inside the NVR or is the camera stream going to the NAS (through the NVR)?

-S

Reaction score
Is the camera plugged into the NVR now? If so, what is your NVR IP setup (both the embedded NIC and the NVR itself)? And do you have a HDD inside the NVR or is the camera stream going to the NAS (through the NVR)?

-S
Hi Schmark,

Yes there is a camera connected.

The NVR is set to receive a DHCP address from my network (which it has it's own reservation). I understand the NVR acts as a DHCP server for the cameras plugged into it (I'd be happier if these just received an IP from my main network but I don't think the NVR can do this?).

There is a HDD in the NVR.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In case you have not already done so, the NIC (which resides inside the NVR) has its own network to which all the cameras connect to. Consequently, the NIC's IP address (usually xxx.yyy.zzz.001) is the gateway address for all the cameras. Hence, it is entered in each camera as the gateway address, while each camera IPv4 address is xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa with aaa being any number other than 001. What is your NIC's IP address?

I also recommend using a static address for your NVR (ie not DHCP).

-S

Reaction score
The NVR's network's gateway is 192.168.254.1 with cameras starting from 192.168.254.2

I can view the web admin but I get nothing on the grey box, attached is an example.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 23.14.53.png

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, your screen indicates that the NVR can be accessed via Web browsing. As for the camera, here is a question for you:

What is your NVR internal NIC IPv4 address? The NVR network default gateway address is NOT the same as the internal NIC address (which itself **IS** the camera's gateway address). Please provide a screen photo showing the NIC's address seen in the blue ellipse in the image below. Unless I am mistaken, the NIC address is NOT displayed via web browsing. The photo I attach is from a TV directly connected to the NVR. Note that my NIC's address ends with 100 which is not standard, but it works.

BTW: the internal NIC address can be anything (it is only internal); just make sure the camera's gateway match that address ...

IMG_4880.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It used to work with Google Chrome for me until they have changed something again...

IE11 does not work at all no matter how many times and re-install the plugin it always says the plugin is not installed.

Have you tried FireFox? It works for me fine on Win7 x64.