NVR Losing Signal Loop

equatis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to offer some help/suggestions.

I have zero experience with dedicated NVR's. I've only used Blue Iris for my home monitoring for the last year. A friend from church recently purchased an Amcrest NV4116E and four wireless cameras to look at his house while he's out of town for a few months. They saw how well our Blue Iris worked and how it was setup and thought they'd ask me to help so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Here's the problem I'm running into -
I assigned static IP's like I did on my own Blue Iris setup:

Amcrest DVR: 192.168.1.10 (Direct Connect to Router)
Amcrest Cam1: 192.168.1.11 (2.4Ghz)
Amcrest Cam2: 192.168.1.12 (2.4Ghz)
Amcrest Cam3: 192.168.1.13 (5Ghz)
Amcrest Cam4: 192.168.1.14 (5Ghz)

I added all the cameras through the NVR. It seems to recognize them instantly and adding them is no problem. The problem is the feeds only run for a short while and then the connection is lost and reconnects after a short while. It's a never ending loop and I'm stumped as to what's causing it.

Extra Notes:

1. They have very minimal traffic on their router and the cameras all have excellent signal quality to router.

2. If you view the cameras through the built in Amcrest software on the camera through internet explorer or chrome (ie: http://192.168.1.12), the video feed is smooth and never loses connection. I opened every camera in four different browsers and they all operate perfectly and quickly respond to PTZ control. It's only when viewing through NVR that it does this.

3. Despite the camera feed "losing connection" or "can not find the network host" on the NVR, the browser view remains perfect and never actually loses connection. Web browser and Android App still show feed just fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Joe