NVR Max HDD size

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I bought my Dahua oem'd Amcrest-branded 4-series NVR, the specs said the largest single drive it could support was 6TB. Recently, Dahua updated the spec for the old model NVR4116-HS on which my NV4116-HS is based, to specify that it supports 10TB drives.

Tonight, I installed a single 12TB drive and its full capacity was properly reported in the NVR. I'm expect a 14TB or 16TB would have worked just as well.

Just sharing in case any one else was considering trying this but want's confirmation that it works. I suppose your mileage may vary from vendor to vendor, but in my experience with PCs, all drive that use the same logical block addressing scheme and block size are interchangeable regardless of total capacity.

12TB drive in NV4116-HS.png

The 12TB drive's form factor is slightly shorter and with any luck, will run cooler than the 4TB drive it replaced.

TIGOS1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Big Question:

What is the maximum capacity of Hard Drives I can use in each slot at DH-NVR2208 ?

For comparison, I have a 20TB disk that works great on DH-XVR5104C-X1
And also great work 22Tb HDD in each slot at NVR-5864-4KS2

Screenshot_2.png

Attachments

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Max HDD sizes from the manufacturers typically refer to either the maximum size available at the time or simply the maximum size they bothered to test with.

In most cases an NVR will work with whatever size drive you throw in it.