Nvr not connecting to TFTP server

enricol

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to update an Hikvision NVR via TFTP because I can't remember the admin password, but I can't get the NVR to connect to the TFTP server.

I connect both the NVR and my PC to a router (they're the only two devices on the router, there's no device on the router wifi). I disabled both Wifi and firewall on PC. I change the PC ethernet IP address to 192.168.1.128 (I've also tried 192.0.0.128). I put the firmware in the same directory as the TFTP server. I start the TFTP server. I power up the NVR. I wait for it to connect to the TFTP server but it just stays on "TFTP server[192.168.1.128] initialized.

I recently did the same on a couple of IP cameras and it worked. Now it looks like the NVR isn't talking with my PC.

I also tried to inspect Wireshark logs but I only see the NVR trying to understand which device has which IP (ARP requests). Don't see any TFTP requests. I'm attaching the Wireshark dump, maybe you can spot something. In the dump you can see the NVR with IP 192.168.1.4 sending ARP requests. My PC in this case is 192.168.1.128. And 192.168.1.201 is the IP of the router.

The NVR model is ds-7104ni-q1/4p and the current firmware is V3.4.99build 180706. I downloaded the exact same firmware from here.

Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments