NVR not getting online

Schrute

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I installed a Dahua system with N52B3P4 nvr and all worked fine with my lousy dsl thats only available on my road. Recently I added a T-Mobile WiFi cell tower. Of course my system couldn't be found so I ordered a dongle and tried to connect it wirelessly. I tried but the nvr did not see the dongle so I ran Ethernet line to the T-Mobile tower but I still can't see my cameras. What am I doing wrong? TIA

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
Even though the NVR's run Linux, USB dongles to give WiFi typically are not supported.

You may have issues with T-Mobile blocking incoming connections to your network. Cellular connections often do not allow port-forwarding.

Schrute

n3wb
Reaction score
Could this be subnet problems? What address is your tower using, what is your NVR set to?
Sorry, over my head, i find this setting in the network area on Dahua? What should it be set to? I wonder if TMobile would/could help if I call?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you currently access your NVR? From it's own screen and mouse?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you said
I ran Ethernet line to the T-Mobile tower but I still can't see my cameras.
When you say "I ran Ethernet line to the T-Mobile tower" do you mean you ran a cable from the NVR to the T-Mobile modem/router in your house?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so who set it up with that "lousy dsl"?

As alluded to previously by @Perimeter , could be that the T-mobile router's LAN is on a different subnet than the NVR's LAN.

Using the mouse on the NVR, go to the NVR's network settings and see if the NVR is set to "DHCP" or if it has a static IP assigned.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also FYI, If you plan on using typical port forwarding to see your NVR from outside of your home, you wont be able to with the T-mobile home wifi appliance

Schrute

n3wb
Reaction score
What if I add a mesh router that I previously used and own at the TMobile tower and plug the nvr into that instead?

Schrute

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so who set it up with that "lousy dsl"?

As alluded to previously by @Perimeter , could be that the T-mobile router's LAN is on a different subnet than the NVR's LAN.

Using the mouse on the NVR, go to the NVR's network settings and see if the NVR is set to "DHCP" or if it has a static IP assigned.
Dsl was the only internet available at the time

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah if I recall on my foray into that solution for my lousy Comcast connection, the T-Mobile unit was using a 192.168.12.1 address. Likely his previous router was doing DHCP on 192.168.1 or .0

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What if I add a mesh router that I previously used and own at the TMobile tower and plug the nvr into that instead?
But first, please answer a previous question:

"Using the mouse on the NVR, go to the NVR's network settings and see if the NVR is set to "DHCP" or if it has a static IP assigned."

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming you're still plugged into the T-Mobile, change NVR to DHCP, save it, count to 30 then see if that LAN IP in the NVR changes...report back.